Must haves of a complete Wedding Suite
When you ask a graphic designer to arrange your Wedding Stationery you shouldn’t forget it is a complete suite: it includes not only the formal invitation to the wedding but several items that are part of the entire design project and that allow you to give the event you personal twist.
Here below I would like to list you the essential ingredients to make a perfect recipe!
- SAVE THE DATE: it is the first introduction to the wedding your guests will get. Sent a lot of time before the date, it includes basic information to tell people you are getting married: when and where, that’s it.
- INVITATION: it is the real and complete announcement with all necessary data (date and time, ceremony venue, reception and party venue, dress code). You can mail it or give it away by hands in an envelope.
- RSPV CARD: enclosed to the invitation, it is a smaller card where the guests can note for you if they are attending the wedding or not. Several couples use this also to ask people about preferences or food allergies/intolerances.
- WEDDING PROGRAM: outline the ceremony details giving information on the events order including poems, music etc., names of parents and of all the wedding party people.
If you need suggestions for your Wedding Stationery, click here to read what I can do for you or ask for a Wedding Design consultation and project.
- ESCORT CARDS or TABLE PLAN: they give your guest the correct instruction on their seating place. You can use single cards put on a table or a printed (or painted or written) seating plan.
- TABLE NUMBER or NAME: it is put on tables generally on a lovely stand and must match with the escort cards or the table plan.
- SEATING CARDS (also called PLACE CARDS): they are used when you want to assign a specific seat to your guest at the table. They are generally small folded cards put in front of each plate.
- MENU: one of the main item of the suite, very appreciated because it introduces the guest to the dinner, explaining how many courses will be served and which ones. From the design point of view it is an important part of the table arrangement because it could distinguish the complete style.
- TAGS : round, rectangular or folded they are simple items to name the buffet food or to be tied to the wedding favors with the couple’s initials or names. It’s a detail, but it worths.
- THANK YOU CARDS: it is a kind message you send the guests after the wedding to thank you for having attended to the wedding and for the gift they gave you. Don’t forget them, you are a couple with class!
Have you ever thought designing your wedding stationery would be such an important issue?
To help you sorting out all you need, I prepared a simple but useful checklist you can download clicking on the button below, don’t miss it!